A good chocolate cake is enough to change one’s mood. At least for me it works all the time, whenever I feel gloomy & a little down I love having chocolates & what better than a Chocolate Mud Cake. Chocolates are often related to weight gains but it also contains a large amount of antioxidants which protects one’s body from free radicals which causes aging & may also lead to damages which causes heart diseases, thus we have a very good reason why we all shouldn’t refrain from having chocolates 🙂
My mud cake is a bit heavier than the regular chocolate cake, therefore I don’t prefer much of frosting in it, and to be honest the flavor of chocolate, coffee & cocoa makes the flavor of the cake so rich that I needn’t add anything extra to it. If you still want to cover the cake evenly with some smooth frosting we can cover the entire cake with some ganache ( as I have done in the pic below) & if you wish to flaunt some of your icing techniques you can still go with it ( as done in the second pic).
Preparation Time: 30 minutes.
Baking Time: 60 minutes.
- Semi Sweet Chocolate 250 gms
- Butter 250gms
- Sugar 500 gms
- Coffee 30 ml (mixed with hot water)
- Milk 125 ml
- Flour 300 gm
- Hot Water 175 ml
- Baking powder 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda ½ tablespoon
- Eggs 4 nos
- Vegetable Oil 30 ml
- Cocoa Powder 55gms .
- Melt the chocolate , butter , sugar & coffee in a double boiler .
- After the above given ingredients melts completely , add milk and beat well after that add the 4 eggs one after another & then add the vegetable oil .
- Sieve into it the flour , baking powder , baking soda and the cocoa powder into the above mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour in 150 degree.
- chocolate mud cake is very moist in comparison to other chocolate cakes .
- 2 table spoon corn flour can be added instead of the eggs if you wants your cake to be egg-less.