Bread always fascinated me, because I remember as kid bread was a mandatory food item at my house. Mom being a working woman got very less time to make time consuming breakfast for us, thus she always got bread for us, and we loved having it all the time. I remember we had a bread box too. Which still is there at my house, and it makes me nostalgic every time I see it. Ones as a kid I saw a show in the television where a man was making bread & he was kneading the dough with the use of both of his feet. Since then I thought that’s how bread is prepared until I myself thought of preparing it . And trust me it came out good the first time I made it. Here goes my recipe for making your very own bread at home.
- Flour (maida) : 3 cups
- Sugar : 7 tablespoon
- Salt : 1 tablespoon
- Active yeast : 2 table spoon
- Milk : 1 cup
- Butter : 50 gm
- Pour the milk in a wok & put the butter into it , when the butter starts to melt switch off the gas . let the milk cool down for approximately 15 minutes. Then pour the yeast into it & let it sit for around 10 minutes. If you are using a food thermometer the milk should be in between 100 -105 Fahrenheit. If you pour the yeast when the milk is above the above mentioned temperature the yeast won’t get activated. Thus make sure you get the temperature correct.
- In a bowl mix well all the dry ingredients. if you wish you add tooti-frooti in your bread , add them into the dry ingredient . Then add the milk mixture to make dough. After making dough let it sit in a warm place for a good 2 hours.
- After 2 hours you will see that your dough has risen , and the size has almost doubled.
- Take a chopping board sprinkle some flour into it and knead it again and roll it in a rectangle shape & make a log like structure. As shown below.
- After that place it in the baking tray, then leave it for another 2 hours in a warm place.
- Ones the 2 hours is over you will notice that the dough has again risen, then brush the top of the dough with some milk.
- Now bake it in convection mode for around 35 minutes in 180 degrees.
Note : I keep my dough inside the microwave when I have to make it sit for two hours before baking it. Make sure the microwave is not working 😛